Junior Academy 2018
7 to 9 years of age will run from 5:30pm until 6:15pm.
10 to 12 year olds will be from 6:30pm until 7:30pm.
Registration night will be on the 8th May and the programme will run for a period of eight weeks.
The charge for the eight weeks for non-members of the club is only £20 (Junior members of the club go free of charge). If you pay £20 and subsequently join as a junior member then the £20 is deducted from your annual membership fee. Junior fees are £52 for 9-12, £83 for 13-15, £104 for 15+ (all ages at 1/1/18).
Please note that previous academy attendees and members will be encouraged onto the course.
Catering will be available throughout the season.
Interestingly for the members of the club we now have a closed Facebook which will be very useful for knowing what’s going on, competitions, buddying up etc (you need to be a club member to benefit from this).
Please contact email@example.com to register your child.
Best wishes to you all – here’s to a great season of golf.
(1) Junior Medals
– Mini Medals – These will be on the Cadet Course, will be 6 holes and will take place on Sundays at 3.30pm starting early May.
– 9 hole red tee medals – These will take place on Thursdays at 4pm starting early May.
– Red tee and yellow tee, 9 and 18 hole medals – These will take place at 3pm on Sundays starting early May.
(2) The starting book / sheet and medal category overview will be available from Derek in the shop – if you want to book a time simply phone the shop and this will be arranged. Through time we plan to load the Junior competitions onto BRS which will enable tee off times to be booked on-line – more information will follow on this as we get into the season.
(3) Dates of the main Junior events/junior fixture list can be found above.
(4) Closed facebook
This will be operational in the next few weeks and details will be sent out. This will enable the children to “buddy-up” for games on the course and in the Indoor Studio.
(5) Other items to note
– There will be a reduced price in the Junior food menu over the summer months
– We are considering having an outing to another course. Watch this space!
– We are expecting considerable support this year however we need more help – are you available to help? If so then in the first instance contact Allan to Carol in the club office.
– Thanks to all Junior members who have already paid their 2018 fees. We would ask that all other fees that have not yet been paid be settled as soon as possible.
(6) Any questions ; Any help required.
Then simply contact Allan or Carol in the club office – firstname.lastname@example.org ; 01475 631001.
Many best wishes to all for the 2018 season. Have fun !!!! Thank you.
Indoor Development Studio
For the moment and in the foreseeable future, this is free to all juniors subject to booking with Derek.
Additionally our Academy attendees will also be included in 2018 in this facility.
Formal approach has been made through Active Schools for children not included in the above classes to also become involved in the development studio and therefore within the sport of Golf. Hopefully a very active and positive outcome for the 2018 season.
Cost to join Gourock Golf Club – Currently the fees equate to around £1 per week for 9 – 11 years old. GGC Application for membership
Please note the Junior committee and coaches are seeking recruits to assist – it is easy and very fulfilling. Please email ‘email@example.com’ to confirm your interest.
Niall Gallacher Junior Champion