As the first tranche of academies ends on Tuesday the 26th June the Junior Committee thought that we should update you on the subsequent academies and other junior matters for the summer.
Therefore please note the following.
• Tuesday night junior academies will be suspended after the 26th June for two weeks.
• For the following two weeks on Tuesdays the first hole will be given over to junior parents under the guidance of one or two coaches. There will be various short holes set up in the putting green and chipping area will be available.
• On the 31st July we will resume the Tuesday night academies until the end of August.
• Please note that food will be available as usual on all Tuesdays irrespective of the academies taking place. Also the Indoor Studio will be available subject too booking on any day.
• For those young golfers who are ready to gain a handicap Derek and the coaches will be running coaching sessions throughout the holidays at a much reduced composite rate. Details will follow on this.
• Our Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday medals for all three tee categories will continue
• All cards are now being fully processed by our new sub group of Match and Handicap within the Junior Committee.
There has been a great response over the last year or so to the Six Hole Mini Medals and the scores have been displayed for the individuals within the junior locker room. It is not just good the numbers who participated but it is also excellent that medals are being completed and that scores are being recorded and some particularly good ones too!
Best wishes of good golf for the rest of the season.
(1) Junior Medals
– Mini Medals – These will be on the Cadet Course, will be 6 holes and will take place on Sundays at 3.30pm starting early May.
– 9 hole red tee medals – These will take place on Thursdays at 4pm starting early May.
– Red tee and yellow tee, 9 and 18 hole medals – These will take place at 3pm on Sundays starting early May.
(2) The starting book / sheet and medal category overview will be available from Derek in the shop – if you want to book a time simply phone the shop and this will be arranged. Through time we plan to load the Junior competitions onto BRS which will enable tee off times to be booked on-line – more information will follow on this as we get into the season.
(3) Dates of the main Junior events/junior fixture list can be found above.
(4) Closed facebook
This will be operational in the next few weeks and details will be sent out. This will enable the children to “buddy-up” for games on the course and in the Indoor Studio.
(5) Other items to note
– We are considering having an outing to another course. Watch this space!
– We are expecting considerable support this year however we need more help – are you available to help? If so then in the first instance contact Allan to Carol in the club office.
– Thanks to all Junior members who have already paid their 2018 fees. We would ask that all other fees that have not yet been paid be settled as soon as possible.
(6) Any questions ; Any help required.
Then simply contact Allan or Carol in the club office – firstname.lastname@example.org ; 01475 631001.
Many best wishes to all for the 2018 season. Have fun !!!! Thank you.
Indoor Development Studio
For the moment and in the foreseeable future, this is free to all juniors subject to booking with Derek.
Additionally our Academy attendees will also be included in 2018 in this facility.
Formal approach has been made through Active Schools for children not included in the above classes to also become involved in the development studio and therefore within the sport of Golf. Hopefully a very active and positive outcome for the 2018 season.
Cost to join Gourock Golf Club – Currently the fees equate to around £1 per week for 9 – 11 years old. GGC Application for membership
Please note the Junior committee and coaches are seeking recruits to assist – it is easy and very fulfilling. Please email ‘email@example.com’ to confirm your interest.
Niall Gallacher Junior Champion