Family Fun and Open Day – Sunday, 11th June
Come along to our fantastic Family Fun and Open day. All welcome!
Article in Greenock Telegraph 15th March. PDF can be read here Greenock Tele 150317
Article in Greenock Telegraph 10th March. PDF can be read here Greenock Tele 100317
We have been asked by the DREAMS COME TRUE charity to promote their planned Trek to Peru in July to see if any of our members may be interested in signing up. If you are interested please contact Chris Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org see poster below for details.
Planned Community Events
- Sunday 14th May – Gourock Highland Games
- Thursday 18th May – Greenock Rotary Club
- Sunday 21st May – 3rd Gourock BB lunch and meeting
- Friday 26th May – Golf day in support of injured firefighter Andy Adams
- Sunday 4th June – MND Charity Day
- Tuesday 6th June – Inverclyde Events Meeting
- Sunday 11th June – Gourock Golf Club Family Fun/Open Day
- Friday 23rd June – Golf Day for Morton Ladies
- Sat 24th and Sunday 25th June – Power Boat Event
- Monday 17th July – Gourock Golf Club Charity Day in support of Ardgowan Hospice
Gourock Golf Club in the Community
One of the stated objectives that Gourock Golf Club has is to be fully involved with and supportive of the local community of Gourock and beyond. This is evident by a number of initiatives and events the club hold and run throughout each year :
- A Member of the Inverclyde Chamber of Commerce
- A Member of the local Tourist Group
- Link with CVS
- Bi-Annual Charity Golf day. Beneficiaries -Ardgowan Hospice, Glenburn School and Lillybank School. Over £100,000 raised over 16 years.
- In partnership with 3rd Gourock BB attending the annual Gourock Garden Party
- Supporting the Gourock Highland Games
- Supporting the Power Boat Event
- Annual Community Bonfire Night (700 attendees this year)
- Hosting Christmas Party nights
- Annual Pink Charity day
- Running Other Charity Events – on and off the golf course
- Hosting the two local BB Companies’ annual Golf Competitions
- An Accredited partner of Active Schools / Sport Development
- A founding member and strong participant in the local Community Sport HUB.
- Running a Junior Academy for local boys and girls (over 50 non-members registered in 2016)
- Hosting fortnightly Business Networking International (BNI) meetings – 0700 every second Tuesday
In addition the club are always keen to support businesses who may want to use our premises for example for customer / supplier meetings , staff meetings, team building events, training sessions. We are confident we can provide the facility you need to make your event a success .
– stunning views from our clubhouse of the River Clyde and the Argyll Hills Beyond
– excellent Food and Beverage services
– modern and comfortable surroundings
– experienced staff who put customer service first guaranteeing a warm and friendly welcome
– let us know your equipment needs and we can arrange that
– dedicated space and privacy as part of our service
– perhaps some golf or putting coaching from our PGA Pro
– maybe even 9 or 18 holes of golf to round your day off
If you think we can help you in any way then please do not hesitate to contact Club Secretary Carol Anderson or Club General Manager Allan Warwick on 01475 631001 – email@example.com
Gourock Golf Club has a zero waste policy and any leftover food is donated to the local homeless shelter by our Chef.
Gourock Golf Club in the Community (1st October 2016 to 30th September 2017)
- 4th November 2016 – Annual Bonfire and Fireworks Display night with over 700 attending
- 9th November 2016 – Finalist at the CVS ‘Reach for the Stars’ Awards Dinner – Sports and Activities Category
- 15th November 2016 – £150 Cheque Presented to Child Poverty Action Group, Inverclyde
- 18th November 2016 – £325 raised for Children in Need
- 1st December 2016 – Hosting of Greenock and District Guides AGM
- 7th December 2016 – Hosting of Community Sports HUB meeting
- November – Provided 4 Ball Vouchers to Gourock YAC, Mind Mosaic Counselling & Therapy and The Ghurkha Welfare Trust to raffle at their charity events.
- 13th January – Attended Gourock town centre regeneration meetings
- 29th January 2017 – Hosted a Conference for Inverclyde Battalion, The Boys Bridgade.
- 24th February 2017 – CVS Inverclyde Showcase and Promotion Event in Oak Mall.
- 16th January 2017 for 8 weeks – Health and wellbeing initiative
- 11th March – St John’s Church Quiz Night
- 31st March – Hosted Inverclyde Events Group
- 4-6th April – Junior Golf Easter Camp
- 21st April – Attended Gourock town centre regeneration meetings.
- 25th April – Junior golf, Tuesday academy nights for 10 weeks.
- 26/27th April – supported Discover Inverclyde at the Visit Scotland EXPO 2017 at SECC
- 2nd May – CVS Inverclyde Team Meeting and lunch
- 5th May – St John’s Church Meal
- Various dates – hosting Gourock Community Sports Hub meetings